insurance for swords and fittings

At a recent sword show I picked up a flyer for collectors insurance that had amazing rates. I called and learned that they only insured guns, swords etc. in the U.S.A. I live in Canada and I am striking out finding insurance for my collection here. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Barry -

I have my collection, swords and fittings, insured under my homeowner's policy as

an art rider. They required an appraisal from a licensed dealer but other than that

it was no problem. Also not expensive since I had other insurance with them.

Rich

Hi Chris:

I don't want to be a salesman for this company but since you asked:

Arms and Armor Insurance Services Steve Boyett and Associates INC. 303 679 9575 or toll free at 877 726 9388

URL: http://www.antiqueguninsurance.com

Rates start at $100 for $66,666 and on up $2,000,000 for $5400 Great coverage too!

The actual company underwriting the insurance is AXA of New York.

Link corrected! Thanks Chris.

Hello all,

Do any UK residents have any input on this, I did change my broker and declared the value of my pieces all included on my house policy . I did get a UK dealer to do a valuation on the items I had at the time but the brokers never asked for a copy so I am in doubt on which way things would go if the worst happened,

Peter

Im in the UK, ive never been asked for an independent valuation, all been pretty straight forward and very reasonably priced, doesn't seem to make much difference to the annual quote. Mine are insured under the home contents insurance. Ive been with the same firm quite some time, added one at a time. I wouldn't want to go elsewhere for a quote, I have a feeling I would get hammered on price.

Alex.

My insurance agent broker told me that if I had one or two swords they "might" be covered as contents. More than that they need to be "scheduled" ( appraised and paid for individually). Collectors insurance seems to overcome those problems at reasonable rates. I can only suggest that you get it in writing or else you will have a he said/he said situation where you can't win.

Peter, make sure each item is listed individually with your insurance broker and obviously make sure you have a copy of the agreement. Keep all receipts etc. Unless they are listed in the agreement, they wont pay out for loss.

Alex.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..